Understanding the Cost of a Medical Answering Service
For people who are employed in the medical field, it can be confusing trying to understand the cost of a medical answering service. What services do they offer? How much do they charge? And is it worth the investment? In this article, we will try to answer questions and provide a general overview of what you can expect for the cost of a medical answering service.
What is Included in the Cost of a Medical Answering Service?
A medical answering service provides callers with information about their health, helps connect them with a doctor or nurse, and can provide other services depending on the company. Some of the things you may expect from a medical answering service include:
- 24/7 Answering – Calls will be answered at all hours of the day or night, seven days a week.
- Appointment Scheduling – Patients can arrange appointments without having to speak to someone on the phone.
- Prescription Refill Reminders – Get reminders when it’s time to refill your prescriptions.
- Laboratory Results – Receive results from tests ordered by your doctor.
- Medication Dosage Instructions – Learn how to take your medications properly.
- Referral to Specialists or Other Physicians – Get connected with another doctor if needed.
- Insurance Eligibility Verification – Make sure your insurance covers the services you need.
- Billing and Payments – Arrange payments for medical bills and other fees.
- Patient Education Materials – Get access to educational materials on preventive health, general wellness, and more.
What is the Cost of Hiring a Medical Answering Service?
Medical answering services can provide a lot of helpful services for patients and their families. However, many people wonder how much these services cost and whether or not they are worth the investment.
- Medical answering services typically charge by the minute and most have a minimum fee per month.
- Services can range from $50 to $120 per month as a flat fee with an average cost of around $70 per month. This may seem like a lot, but when you consider all that is included in the cost, it becomes more reasonable.
- Some services will charge per minute with an average fee of around $1.00-$2.50 per minute, per call while others may offer a package deal that includes a certain number of minutes for a flat rate as mentioned above.
Overall, medical answering services can provide patients and their families with the peace of mind that comes from knowing someone is always available to help. Whether it’s scheduling appointments or getting important information about medications, these services can be invaluable.
What are the Benefits of Using a Medical Answering Service?
There are many benefits to using a medical answering service. Some of these include:
- Calls will be answered at all hours of the day or night, seven days a week.
- This is beneficial when you may not be able to answer the phone or are in need of assistance outside of normal business hours.
Quick Response Time
- The average response time for a medical answering service is typically less than 30 seconds.
- This allows patients to get the help they need quickly and without delay.
- Medical answering services provide a high level of customer service and will be able to answer any questions you may have.
- They are also trained to handle sensitive medical information with the utmost care and confidentiality.
- Using an answering service can save you money in the long run since it eliminates the need for hiring extra staff or having a full-time receptionist.
- An answering service can free up time so that you can focus on providing higher-quality care to your patients.
- Using a medical answering service can be invaluable for any healthcare business as it allows them to provide better customer service and save time and money in the process.
With the cost of these services being relatively low, it’s a great investment for any healthcare provider.
What to Consider About the Cost of a Medical Answering Service
When considering the cost of a medical answering service, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Cheaper is Not Always Better
- When investing in medical answering service quality is the top priority.
- Cheaper services may not have the same level of customer service and professionalism as more expensive ones.
Customer Service Quality
- Before deciding on a medical answering service, take some time to research the quality of customer service they provide.
- You want to make sure they can handle any medical questions you may have and that they are available to answer calls at all hours of the day or night.
- Having a medical answering service can be a great investment for any healthcare business, but it is important to consider all of your options before making a decision.
Choose a Service That Fits Your Needs
- Different services will offer different features, so make sure you are getting a service that is tailored to your specific needs.
- Some services may focus on appointment settings while others may specialize in providing medical information.
- Make sure you are getting the features you need at a cost that is reasonable for your budget.
- In addition, when factoring in the cost and value of a medical answering service you should take into account the value of paying for a HIIPA-compliant service.
- It is important to look for a reputable medical answering service that is HIPAA compliant and offers the services you need.
- Be sure to do your research and read reviews before signing up with any service so that you know you are getting the best value for your money.
- Medical answering services can be an invaluable asset to any healthcare business, and understanding the cost of these services will help you make an informed decision.
- By taking into consideration things such as customer service quality, cost, and features offered you can make sure you are getting the best service for your needs.
At the end of the day, investing in a medical answering service can save you time and money and provide better customer service to your patients. It is an invaluable asset to any healthcare provider, so don’t hesitate to get quotes today.