4 Qualities of a Medical Answering Service
Hiring a reliable medical answering service is an excellent way to increase your efficiency and productivity. However, before you go ahead and hire one, it’s important that you know what they can do for you. Here, we’ll be discussing 4 qualities of a worthwhile medical answering service.
- A medcial answering service answer calls when you’re unavailable for business. When a customer calls, the receptionist will take their name and number, and then transfer them to another extension. At this point, an agent with access to the caller’s information picks up and either take care of the call or transfers it back to a doctor on call.
- A doctor answering service is available 24/hr to answer your calls. Even if you are on vacation or at a conference, the customer will be able to reach you because they’re calling in through an outside line that connects them with the person who’s best qualified for their situation. So even though it might not always seem like you’ll need this service, it’s better to have it and not need it than the other way around.
- A medical answering service provides an extra layer of security for your practice. When you have a receptionist who’s there to screen the calls, they’re able to take their name and number before transferring them over. This means that if the call is from someone who says it’s urgent or has sensitive information, then this person won’t be handed off to an agent.
- A healthcare answering service provides convenience for your customers. When you’re running a busy practice, there are going to be times where it’s helpful to have someone else screen calls and make sure that they get through as quickly as possible. This way, your waiting room or office will still stay full of patients while the agent takes care of any questions or concerns.
The next time someone from your office is out sick, you can rest assured that the person on call will be able to handle everything with ease and professionalism while still keeping up the same level of care for patients as if there was no interruption at all. You’ll also find plenty of other benefits when it comes to hiring a medical answering service, but these are the four most important ones.
Pros and Cons of Outsourcing Calls to a Medical Answering Service
Pros: The most obvious benefit of a medical answering service is that they offer convenience for your customers. They will handle the calls when you’re unavailable, and provide a level of service that is as high quality as if there was no interruption at all.
Cons: one downside to outsourced call handling is that it can be expensive depending on the type of answering service you choose. But this expense may very well be worth it for the resources and security that you gain.
A medical answering service can do a lot of work behind the scenes to help your practice run smoothly, from taking care of calls when you’re out sick or unavailable to screening high-value callers so they don’t get transferred prematurely. It’s important not only that you know what these services can do for your practice, but that you have a clear understanding of what it will cost as well.
How Much Will a Quality Doctor’s Answering Service Cost?
The national average cost of a quality answering service is between $140 and $300 per month. At this price point, you will also enjoy features such as a 24/hr customer service, call screening, and appointment scheduling. If you need Spanish-speaking agents, the monthly cost will not be higher.
- The most important benefits are that it can provide convenience for customers, an extra layer of security, and less work overall behind the scenes in your practice.
- The most important drawbacks are that it can be expensive depending on the type of answering service you choose, and some people may not want to give out their personal number when they’re trying to avoid being contacted.
If you are considering hiring an answering service for your practice, it’s best to do your research and find a reputable one that meets all of your needs. We generally suggest that you request a free trial to experience the quality of the call center yourself.
The next time someone from your office is out sick, you can rest assured that the person on call will be able to handle everything with ease and professionalism while still keeping up the same level of care for patients as if there was no interruption at all. You’ll also find plenty of other benefits when it comes to hiring a medical answering service.