Why Do You Need After Hours Answering Service?
Did you know having a 24×7 medical answering service will save your company costs? Not many medical offices have the resources or budget to staff after-hours employees to manage incoming calls. Especially since calls may not be consistent.
That’s where an answering service can help. As a business owner, you know that your company depends on prompt and easy customer service. You don’t want a customer calling during dinner on a Friday only to not hear anything from you until Monday.
In the data age we find ourselves in, solutions shouldn’t be hard to find. Keep reading to learn more about the after-hours answering services available for your organization.
Medical Answering Service: Why You Need It
If you are running a business, it is essential to have an after-hours answering service. You may be wondering why having a service is so important. Here are the top four reasons:
- First, if you have customers who are calling from different time zones, an after-hours answering service will ensure that your calls are always answered. No patient wants to call with an important question and not be able to talk to someone until the next day. You can make sure your patients feel valued and like their concerns matter with after-hours answering service.
- Second, if you have an emergency line for your business, an after-hours answering service can be a lifesaver. You can have calls triaged to assess the importance.
- Third, if you have employees who work different shifts, an after-hours answering service can help with communication. Notes or important messages won’t get lost with this type of service. You can ensure all messages and calls are recorded accurately and submitted to the appropriate person.
- Finally, if you want to give your customers the best possible service, an after-hours answering service is a must.
An after-hours answering service is an essential part of running a successful medical business. Do not wait until it is too late to set one up. Choosing a service provider will help your patients get quicker care and answers.
How an After-Hours Answering Service Can Benefit Your Business
If your business requires an after-hours answering service, many benefits come along with it. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that you will no longer need to worry about missed calls after hours. This can be a huge relief for business owners, as it takes away the stress of wondering if a potential customer or client has tried to reach you.
In addition, it can help to increase patient satisfaction. Patients who can communicate with their providers and leave messages easily are happier with the service. Having an after-hours answering service can help to boost your business’s professional image.
Many times, patients have a pressing concern and only need reassurance that it’s safe to wait until your office is open to address it. Depending on the medical answering service you choose, patients could speak directly with a nurse or doctor to have pressing questions answered.
Improved Patient Services
This type of service allows you to have a live person answer your calls 24/7. This shows that you are dedicated to meeting your patients’ needs, no matter what time it is. This level of patient service is sure to impress those you serve and help you to stand out from your competition.
You’ll also see cost savings when you work with after-hours answering service. Maintaining a full-time employee to handle calls is a costly expense. You can avoid having to pay a salary and benefits for another employee if you work with a third-party provider.
Hiring a medical answering service provider will improve the efficiency of your medical office. You will have set processes and systems in place to make the after-hours process more structured.
Medical answering service providers know the importance of HIPAA and HITECH compliance requirements. You don’t have to worry about a patient’s information being heard by someone it shouldn’t be shared with. The answering service will maintain 100% compliance with all regulations so your patient’s and company’s information is continuously protected.
How to Choose an After-Hours Answering Service
There are many factors to consider when choosing an after-hours answering service. The most important factor is the needs of your business. You need to assess the cost of the service and the hours of operation. Consider the following before choosing an answering service:
- Do you get calls after-hours most nights?
- Do you have to have an after-hours receptionist?
- Do you have patients in different time zones?
- Do you want to provide better and more accessible care?
- Do your patients have common questions they call about that eat up your time?
There are many after-hours answering services available, so it is important to do your research to find the best one for your business. Finding a provider that specializes in healthcare is a must.
Compare Top Doctor’s Answering Service Providers Today
If your business is looking for a way to improve customer satisfaction and reduce administrative costs, a medical answering service is a great solution. After-hours answering services can provide your business with a live, 24/7 answering service that can answer customer questions, take messages, and even schedule appointments.
Best of all, using an after-hours answering service can help you avoid the high costs of maintaining a dedicated in-house customer service team. So why wait? Compare the top doctor’s answering services today to find the best solution for your company.